BUG #7577: JDBC Driver - Compiled with Java 7

From: nicwillemse(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7577: JDBC Driver - Compiled with Java 7
Date: 2012-10-02 04:55:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 7577
Logged by: Nic Willemse
Email address: nicwillemse(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.0
Operating system: Linux

Hi,

I downloaded the JDBC driver located at
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/index.html

I specifically requested the JDBC3 version as Im running Java version 6.

I found that it was compiled using Java 7.

I believe that this should be fixed as JDBC3 is supported by java 5 & 6 and
it would make more sense to have it compiled to this version.

Regards,
Nic