pgsql: PL/Python: Improve Python 3 regression test setup

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: PL/Python: Improve Python 3 regression test setup
Date: 2012-09-17 02:28:13
Lists: pgsql-committers

PL/Python: Improve Python 3 regression test setup

Currently, we are making mangled copies of plpython/{expected,sql} to
plpython/python3/{expected,sql}, and run the tests in
plpython/python3. This has the disadvantage that the regression.diffs
file, if any, ends up in plpython/python3, which is not the normal
location. If we instead make the mangled copies in
plpython/{expected,sql}/python3/, we can run the tests from the normal
directory, regression.diffs ends up the normal place, and the
pg_regress invocation also becomes a lot simpler. It's also more
obvious at run time what's going on, because the tests end up being
named "python3/something" in the test output.

Branch
------
master

Details