BUG #7537: Server will not start up from Windows Service Manager

From: dfisupport(at)docfocus(dot)ca
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7537: Server will not start up from Windows Service Manager
Date: 2012-09-13 22:50:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7537
Logged by:          Owen Sleep
Email address:      dfisupport(at)docfocus(dot)ca
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.8
Operating system:   Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2

PostgreSQL service was running successfully for a month now. Restarted the
machine and then the service will not start up from the service manager.

I get the message "Timed out waiting for server startup" in the Windows
event log. There is no log in the pg_log folder so unfortunately I have no
starting point for troubleshooting.

I have checked the permissions on the folders and the postgres user has no
restrictions whatsoever with access to all data and postgresql folders.

Any other questions, feel free to email.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: John R PierceDate: 2012-09-13 23:02:02