pgsql: Fix pg_upgrade, broken by the xlogid/segno -> 64-bit int refacto

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix pg_upgrade, broken by the xlogid/segno -> 64-bit int refacto
Date: 2012-06-26 04:52:03
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix pg_upgrade, broken by the xlogid/segno -> 64-bit int refactoring.

The xlogid + segno representation of a particular WAL segment doesn't make
much sense in pg_resetxlog anymore, now that we don't use that anywhere
else. Use the WAL filename instead, since that's a convenient way to name a
particular WAL segment.

I did this partially for pg_resetxlog in the original xlogid/segno -> uint64
patch, but I neglected pg_upgrade and the docs. This should now be more
complete.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/038f3a05092365eca070bdc588554520dfd5ffb9

Modified Files
contrib/pg_upgrade/controldata.c | 52 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
contrib/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.c | 6 +---
contrib/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.h | 3 +-
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_resetxlog.sgml | 7 +----
src/bin/pg_resetxlog/pg_resetxlog.c | 27 +++---------------