BUG #6696: 9.2beta2 crashed when having shared_buffers>20GB

From: weixing(dot)sun(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6696: 9.2beta2 crashed when having shared_buffers>20GB
Date: 2012-06-16 17:39:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6696
Logged by:          weixing
Email address:      weixing(dot)sun(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   RHEL6.1

Hi,

I know this NON-GA version issue could not be placed here, but please let me
know if you have any entries.
Currently ,  I met a tricky bug of Postgres 9.2beta2 when having > 20GB
buffer pool:
###################################
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit,
because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted
shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat your command.
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
Above err msg will fill out my stderr log file, and refuse all the requests
from the middle-tier of running my workload.

Any comments?

Thanks a lot!
Weixing

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Josh KupershmidtDate: 2012-06-18 03:21:27