BUG #6652: Installer grants postgres user rights for the whole disk, not specified subfolder

From: grv87(at)yandex(dot)ru
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6652: Installer grants postgres user rights for the whole disk, not specified subfolder
Date: 2012-05-19 14:28:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6652
Logged by: Basil Peace
Email address: grv87(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system: Windows 7 x64

I have been installing PostgreSQL 9.1.3.2, and I've noted that 'creating
database cluster' is too long. I have been waiting for a half of hour, and
it hasn't finished.
I've noted that installer calls icacls.exe with arguments:
D:\ /grant "postgres":RX

My database is wanted to be in D:\Sys\pgsql-data
There is no reason for granting rights for the whole disk. I have more than
3 mln files there, and of course it could be a big waste of time.