BUG #6640: pg_dump does not always dump data of tables marked aseditable in extension

From: lr(at)pcorp(dot)us
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6640: pg_dump does not always dump data of tables marked aseditable in extension
Date: 2012-05-15 12:27:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6640
Logged by:          Regina Obe
Email address:      lr(at)pcorp(dot)us
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Any

This seems to be only an issue if a user individually chooses to backup a
table marked as editable in an extension, but works fine if full backup is
chosen.

The particular extension in question here is PostGIS.

Please refer to:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1815

for details.
In short -- if I do a full backup of a database, a table marked as editable
gets its data backed up as expected, but if I try to backup a schema the
table is in or the table itself, pg_dump does not dump anything.

pgsql-bugs by date