BUG #6620: Out of memory error

From: sathish(at)myc2s(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6620: Out of memory error
Date: 2012-04-27 14:06:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6620
Logged by:          sathish
Email address:      sathish(at)myc2s(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   windows Xp 32 bit

i have a Postgis table with about 2 million polyline records.  The most
number of points I have in the geometry field is about 500.  I have a
java program that does a select for most of these records
and do some processing with them before writing them to a file.
Unfortunately, I seem to keep getting this error:

 execute failed: out of memory for query result

This query works fine with less select statement,
my next largest table.  I believe the program is failing at the first
execute after prepare on this table.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2012-04-27 14:16:04