BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes

From: rikard(dot)pavelic(at)zg(dot)htnet(dot)hr
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6618: incorrect restore for composite columns when order changes
Date: 2012-04-26 22:20:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6618
Logged by:          Rikard Pavelic
Email address:      rikard(dot)pavelic(at)zg(dot)htnet(dot)hr
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Windows 7

We've run into another issue with composite types.
I've search internets but didn't find any reference to this, so I guess it's
not a documented problem.

Steps to reproduce problem:
1) create composite type
2) use composite type as column in a table
3) clone database
4) change order of attributes in cloned database
5) dump to plain sql with column names
6) restore sql dump to cloned database

Composite type will be restored in order from original instead of cloned

While I don't see a nice solution to this problem, it's not a too big issue
for us.
Just trying to document some more gotchas with composite types ;(

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2012-04-26 22:35:17