pgsql: Modify create_index regression test to avoid intermittentfailur

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Modify create_index regression test to avoid intermittentfailur
Date: 2012-04-26 02:58:04
Lists: pgsql-committers
Modify create_index regression test to avoid intermittent failures.

We have been seeing intermittent buildfarm failures due to a query
sometimes not using an index-only scan plan, because a background
auto-ANALYZE prevented the table's all-visible bits from being set
immediately, thereby causing the estimated cost of an index-only scan
to go up considerably.  Adjust the test case so that a bitmap index scan is
preferred instead, which serves equally well for the purpose the test case
is actually meant for.  (Of course, it would be better to eliminate the
interference from auto-ANALYZE, but I see no low-risk way to do that,
so any such fix will have to be left for 9.3 or later.)

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/create_index.out |   22 ++++++++++++----------
src/test/regress/sql/create_index.sql      |    6 +++---

pgsql-committers by date