BUG #6530: intarray documentation could do with a warning aboutoperators

From: kontakt(at)sandberg-consult(dot)dk
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6530: intarray documentation could do with a warning aboutoperators
Date: 2012-03-13 17:12:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6530
Logged by:          Kasper Sandberg
Email address:      kontakt(at)sandberg-consult(dot)dk
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Debian squeeze

Hello.

I recently had a problem with array operators && and @> on my gin index, it
failed. Friendly people on #postgresql helped me track down the root cause -
intarray, which i had just imported into my schema. I think it would be nice
if the documentation for intarray on the documentations page had a short
warning about this, so people can import into other schemas if they need to
use the default array operators.

Thanks.

pgsql-bugs by date