pgsql: Remove useless "rough estimate" path frommcelem_array_contained

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Remove useless "rough estimate" path frommcelem_array_contained
Date: 2012-03-04 21:03:47
Lists: pgsql-committers
Remove useless "rough estimate" path from mcelem_array_contained_selec.

The code in this function that tried to cope with a missing count histogram
was quite ineffective for anything except a perfectly flat distribution.
Furthermore, since we were already punting for missing MCELEM slot, it's
rather useless to sweat over missing DECHIST: there are no cases where
ANALYZE will create the first but not the second.  So just simplify the
code by punting rather than pretending we can do something useful.

Branch
------
master

Details