pgsql: Remove useless "rough estimate" path frommcelem_array_contained

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Remove useless "rough estimate" path frommcelem_array_contained
Date: 2012-03-04 21:03:47
Lists: pgsql-committers
Remove useless "rough estimate" path from mcelem_array_contained_selec.

The code in this function that tried to cope with a missing count histogram
was quite ineffective for anything except a perfectly flat distribution.
Furthermore, since we were already punting for missing MCELEM slot, it's
rather useless to sweat over missing DECHIST: there are no cases where
ANALYZE will create the first but not the second.  So just simplify the
code by punting rather than pretending we can do something useful.

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/array_selfuncs.c |  138 ++++++++++++++-----------------

pgsql-committers by date