BUG #6479: Wrong Slash in pg_restore

From: mikekeller987(at)frontier(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6479: Wrong Slash in pg_restore
Date: 2012-02-21 14:22:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6479
Logged by: Mike Keller
Email address: mikekeller987(at)frontier(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
Operating system: Windows 7 x64

I haven't been able to get pg_restore to restore a backup from pg_dump.
When doing a restore from a Directory backup I noticed that pg_restore is
using a forward slash instead of the required back slash when searching for
toc.dat. I suspect that it is also doing the same thing for custom and tar
backups as well.

The lack of ability to Automate backups is preventing me from proposing
PostgreSQL for Windows as a Database solution I have been assigned to work
on.