BUG #6402: Installer hung and wouldn't work again

From: srinivas_j2ee(at)yahoo(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6402: Installer hung and wouldn't work again
Date: 2012-01-19 05:33:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6402
Logged by:          Srini
Email address:      srinivas_j2ee(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.2
Operating system:   Window 7

I was trying to upgrade from postgres 8.4 to 9.1.2. I had uninstalled
existing installation restarted the computer and removed the installation
folder. And started the installer. It almost at the end(the green progress
bar is filled) but never finishes the installation. If I stop the installer
and start again it complains that there is an existing installation and will
try to upgrade. It doesn't succeed even with the upgrade option. How do I
clean up the postgres installation and then do a clean install?

-Srini.

pgsql-bugs by date