BUG #6370: manual does not discuss transactional DDL

From: ryan(at)cs(dot)utah(dot)edu
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6370: manual does not discuss transactional DDL
Date: 2012-01-02 07:52:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6370
Logged by:          Ryan Culpepper
Email address:      ryan(at)cs(dot)utah(dot)edu
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   not applicable

This is a documentation bug (or feature request), not a software bug.

There seems to be no discussion of transactional DDL in the manual itself
(that I could find). A brief Google search turned up the following relevant
pages:

 -
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Transactional_DDL_in_PostgreSQL:_A_Competitive_Analysis
 - http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Why_PostgreSQL_Instead_of_MySQL_2009 (see
section "Transactional DDL")
 - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2007-08/msg00273.php (and
other messages in that thread)

But I could not find a place in the manual that authoritatively states that
DDL is transactional. (Such a page should probably also discuss things like
session variables, etc.)

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: vitaly83Date: 2012-01-02 12:49:11