pgsql: Remove optreset from src/port/ implementations of getopt andget

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Remove optreset from src/port/ implementations of getopt andget
Date: 2010-12-16 21:23:25
Lists: pgsql-committers
Remove optreset from src/port/ implementations of getopt and getopt_long.

We don't actually need optreset, because we can easily fix the code to
ensure that it's cleanly restartable after having completed a scan over the
argv array; which is the only case we need to restart in.  Getting rid of
it avoids a class of interactions with the system libraries and allows
reversion of my change of yesterday in postmaster.c and postgres.c.

Back-patch to 8.4.  Before that the getopt code was a bit different anyway.

Branch
------
REL8_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=0a0eec670dcfc6a7fe9f5717e85b6f651a6754b8

Modified Files
src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c |    5 ++---
src/include/getopt_long.h           |    1 -
src/port/getopt.c                   |   20 +++++++++++---------
src/port/getopt_long.c              |   20 +++++++++++---------

pgsql-committers by date