pgsql: Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced byreplication-relate

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced byreplication-relate
Date: 2010-11-14 20:58:17
Lists: pgsql-committers
Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced by replication-related patches.

We must not return any "okay to proceed" result code without having checked
for too many children, else we might fail later on when trying to add the
new child to one of the per-child state arrays.  It's not clear whether
this oversight explains Stefan Kaltenbrunner's recent report, but it could
certainly produce a similar symptom.

Back-patch to 8.4; the logic was not broken before that.

Modified Files
src/backend/postmaster/postmaster.c |   33 +++++++++++++++++++--------------

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2010-11-15 02:09:22