Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

From: Ron <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Date: 2006-12-14 06:45:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
Benchmarks, like any other SW, need modernizing and updating from time to time.

Given the multi-core CPU approach to higher performance as the
current fad in CPU architecture, we need a benchmark that is appropriate.

If SPEC feels it is appropriate to rev their benchmark suite
regularly, we probably should as well.

Ron Peacetree