cygwin error msg

From: "gurcharan singh" <gurcharan(dot)singh(at)xmlfrontier(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cygwin error msg
Date: 2004-07-12 15:59:51
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello,
I am new to unix environment as till date all my development is done in
Window's only. Now for my new proj i have to use ur database server, and
i am finding problem in loading it on to my Windows Operating System. I
will be gratefull of u if u pls help me out.
 I have downloaded cygipc and cygwin on. When I open my cygwin shell
window and enters initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1 command i
get this error msg -
                basename: not found
                grep:not found
                grep:not found
                sed:not found
                sed:not found
                : bug :version number has wrong format.

I have dowloaded and unzipped the cygipc files into the cygwin folder as
i read in different documents on the net.
  I am using WindowXP and also pls help me how to configure it as window
services.
Thankingyou,
Gurcharan

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: FrancoisDate: 2004-07-13 21:47:10