Re: Row ordering after CREATE TABLE AS...SELECT regexp_split_to_table(source_text, regexp) AS new_column

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Row ordering after CREATE TABLE AS...SELECT regexp_split_to_table(source_text, regexp) AS new_column
Date: 2010-02-24 07:14:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you very much for this explanation/reply. It precisely answers
my question.

Unfortunately, it prompts a new question. I am using 8.4.2 which I
assume is new enough to trigger a "yes" response to "If you have a
version new enough to have synchronize_seqscans...". I have
absolutely no idea how to turn that off. Perhaps the best thing would
be to direct me to the documentation where turning it off is described
so that I can become more autonomous. However, accompanying that with
explicit directions would be welcome too.

I am in Greenwich +1 timezone, but I fear you are in the 2AM time
zone. Thank you again,

John