INNER JOINS in 7.0.3 & 7.1.3

From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart(dot)pgsql(at)smgsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INNER JOINS in 7.0.3 & 7.1.3
Date: 2001-10-30 15:16:53
Lists: pgsql-general
I have a DB in 7.1.3 that I am trying to downgrade to 7.0.3, and I've run
into a little problem with INNER JOINS.

This query (just as an example) causes an error :

SELECT a.name as hometeam, c.name as homemanager, c.email as homeemail,
b.name as awayteam, d.name as awaymanager, d.email as awayemail FROM teams AS
a INNER JOIN managers AS c ON (a.managerid = c.managerid), teams AS b INNER
JOIN managers as d ON (b.managerid = d.managerid)  where a.teamid = 13 AND
b.teamid = 15;

The error being:
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ","

A query with a single inner join works fine. I've checked the changes file
for 7.1 on the website, but I can't find INNER JOINS mentioned as being
something that changed.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

--

| Stuart Grimshaw <stuart(at)footballnet(dot)com>
| Chief Operations Officer
| Football Networks Ltd
|-
| t:07976 625221
| f:0870 7060260

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: hubert depesz lubaczewskiDate: 2001-10-30 15:28:33