RE: does pgAdmin II create any server objects?

From: dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: does pgAdmin II create any server objects?
Date: 2001-08-28 19:17:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

----Original Message-----
>From: fred(at)ontosys(dot)com
>To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: [pgadmin-support] does pgAdmin II create any server
objects?
>Date: 27 August 2001 22:46
>
>Now that pgAdmin II is working well for me I'm cleaning up a bit
after
>the old pgAdmin.
>
>After running the "drop all pgAdmin server side objects" menu
command
>in the old pgAdmin (version 7.1.0) I'm left with two tables still
>remaining that have names starting with "pgadmin": pgadmin_param
and
>pgadmin_rev_log. The former has 3 rows and the latter none. Are
>those leftovers from the old pgAdmin? May I drop them?

Hi Fred,

Yes, these are leftovers from the old code. They got forgotten in the
remove code because they were added months before the other server
objects :-(.

At present pgAdmin II doesn't create any server side objects and I
intend to keep it that way as long as possible. Unfortunately the
revision control and project managment code we're planning may force
us to change that policy...

Regards, Dave.