Re: trouble with an older version of postgresql

From: Krešimir Križanović <Kresimir(dot)Krizanovic(at)fer(dot)hr>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trouble with an older version of postgresql
Date: 2010-02-08 13:26:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

 The trouble is there is no database. When i try to create the first one using createdb, i get an error:

createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.

Someone suggested i create my database using psql. But i cant do that, cant start psql. I havent yet created a single database.

K.K.