Re: HELP! ... pg_locale ???

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql(at)orbits(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HELP! ... pg_locale ???
Date: 2000-10-27 05:33:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sandis Jerics <sandis(at)mediaparks(dot)lv> writes:
> As result, now all queries, written inside the php code on multiply lines,
> returns the following:
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near " "

At a guess, you're having trouble with newline representations
(Unix convention is \n only, DOS/Windows convention is \r\n,
and then there's Macintosh which likes \r only).

We've been working to change Postgres to accept all of these
choices, but depending on which version of which tool you are
using, you may need to toe the Unix line faithfully. The above
message looks a lot like something spitting up on a stray \r.

Dunno what your admin did to make the problem appear where you
hadn't had it before...