Database Engineer

From: Nivin John <njohn(at)piiglobal(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Engineer
Date: 2012-01-10 20:55:59
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Database Engineer

Z Data Inc. is an experienced partner for enterprise scale big data and analytical deployments. Our best in class consultancy can help you with your career in big data implementations, development and Analytics. We've helped many businesses and entrepreneurs plan and execute initiatives with both structured and unstructured data sources. We bring a world of hands on experience with robust and scalable development and operations.

Our Focus:
• Internet architecture and development
• Social media integration and application development
• Greenplum Database Consultancy and Managed Services
• Cloud computing and Analytics with Hadoop
• Mobile applications -- iPhone and Android
• Technology and operational strategy, senior Advisory and business alignment
• Data center scalability, reliability and security
• Data Analytics with tools like SAS, Alpine Miner and R

General Skillset:

• Install, upgrade, configure, and tune Linux Database systems including
hardware, system software, and applications. Analyze system errors and error logs as well as specific server / network / storage performance issues. Formulate and implement monitoring, security, and availability policies. Manage database updates to production using SQL scripts or other automation technologies.
• Manage database storage and backups script and/or develop in-depth application and database monitoring tools and recovery mechanisms, perform database backup and recovery.
• Background in tuning and optimizing of MySQL, Oracle, Postgres
environments as well as diagnosing and solving performance issues.
• Strong scripting and automation skills with Bash, Perl, Python, Java, or Ruby.

Ideally, exposure to analytics infrastructure and platform, using technologies like Cassandra, Hadoop, and other "Big Data" solutions.

We have both Jr. and Sr. positions open so I encourage you to apply.

Education and Experience Requirements:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Working knowledge of relational database technology, and end-user tools in an application development environment.
• At least 2 years of recent hands-on involvement with Data Warehousing implementation or database design.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
• Proven ability to lead and mentor others.
• Ability to work effectively in a virtual environments

This position includes the following:
• Annual salary DOE
• Excellent full benefits package; bonus potential.
• 40 hour work week.
• Up to 80% travel Monday through Friday.
• Business Casual dress & Business Professional dress.

Email Us:
j o b s @ Z D 8 A.com

Or visit us at www.zd8a.com to apply.