R: porting for redhat 8.0

From: "Ivan Luzzi" <i(dot)luzzi(at)dynamis32(dot)com>
To: "'Adam H(dot) Pendleton'" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: R: porting for redhat 8.0
Date: 2003-12-03 14:22:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

> What specific problems are you having with the binary distribution on
> RH 8? Where did you download the binary distribution from? The more
> information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to help you.
>
> ahp
> On Monday, Dec 1, 2003, at 04:38 US/Eastern, Ivan Luzzi wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask if you could do a port of pgadmin3 on redhat 8.0
> >
> > I used it with redhat9 and found it a really great tool, then for
> > other reasons I had to switch back to redhat 8.0 and the binary you
> > distribute for rh9 don't work on rh8

I downloaded the rpm from the italian mirror of pgadmin site.
This is what I get when I try to install it:

root::/usr/src/redhat/rpms\> rpm -U pgadmin3-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
libcrypto.so.4 is needed by pgadmin3-1.0.1-1
libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2) is needed by pgadmin3-1.0.1-1
libssl.so.4 is needed by pgadmin3-1.0.1-1

redhat9 comes with glibc.2.3 while redhat8 still uses glibc.2.2.95
I cannot upgrade glibc libs because of incompatibilities with other libs.
I also downloaded the wx rpm's and those get insalled without problems.
Then I tried to compile pgadmin but the configure procedure stops saying to
Define the pgsql dir; I declared it but it seems to ignore...
What should it find there, the whole installation included the devel rpm's?

Thanks again,
Ivan