Load of 4 Million Queries Read and or Write Per Second

From: "Timothy J Hitchens" <tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Load of 4 Million Queries Read and or Write Per Second
Date: 2000-11-23 13:27:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

That is 4 Million Queries per Second which is 14 Billion 400 Million per
hour.

This may sound a little big but this is what we will be launching on the 1st
December 2000 using postgresql and php.

It is a new generation client/server environment that allows
communication/transactions and information storage for b2b, b2c and p2p.

Does anyone have a qlue what will happen and what should I order now to
replace the box we have and what size
space should I clear in the office/warehouse for expansion.

I am serious and would like some feedback and input.

Hitcho has Spoken.
Timothy Hitchens (Hitcho)
tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au