Timestamp Update with PHP

From: "Timothy J Hitchens" <tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Timestamp Update with PHP
Date: 2001-02-16 22:56:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am having trouble updating a timestamp field inside my database whenever I
use
the normal udpate xyz set x = now()  etc etc I get must use case I use cast
and I get a ph error for the =...

ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'bpchar' and 'numeric'
        You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

Does anyone have an example of an update for a timestamp field using php.

I am really trying to use this with PHP and everytime I updated the record
because of a certain state I update the timestamp field.

Thanks..

Timothy Hitchens (Hitcho)
Web Evangelist/Technologist
Voice: +61 7 3396 3500
Fax: +61 7 3396 2633
Cell: +61 419 521 440
SMS: tim(dot)sms(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au (subject only)
E-Mail: tim(at)hitcho(dot)com(dot)au

"Everyone is born into this world
with two things freewill and potential
what we do from then on is totally
up to us. Let's all start today and
make a difference in this world."

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: NicoDate: 2001-02-17 14:25:09