Auto vacuum

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Auto vacuum
Date: 2007-04-17 20:05:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
I asked questions about auto vacuum earlier.  As I said in my earlier
email, when I select autovacuum the system responds that it's "on."
Some here told me when I asked the questions before that I should see
log entries for it when it "kicks off."  In postgresql.conf, it says
that the log_destination is 'stderr."  Then it redirects "stderr" to
a file named 'postgresql -%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log' in a directory called
pg_log.  I don't see any references to auto-vacuum in the log.  What
would the references look like?  Is there a parameter I need to set
in order to make in put auto vacuum entries in the log?
client_min_messages is set to "notice."  log_min_messages is set to
"info." log_error_verbosity is set to "default."
log_min_error_statement is set to "warning."
log_min_duration_statement is set to 1000

Thanks

Carol

pgsql-admin by date