Re: variables with SELECT statement

From: "Kevin Duffy" <KD(at)wrinvestments(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Osvaldo Kussama" <osvaldo(dot)kussama(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: variables with SELECT statement
Date: 2008-09-05 21:03:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Just testing the regexp_string_to_array

This SQL
select description, regexp_string_to_array(description::text , E'\\s+' )
as optdesc, securitytype
from xxxxxx where type = 'B' order by 1

produced this error:

ERROR: function regexp_string_to_array(text, text) does not exist
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.
Character: 21

Don't see the difference between the above and the example in the doc's.

kd