Re: Loss of table structure on 7.3.19

From: Nigel Metheringham <nigel(dot)metheringham(at)dev(dot)intechnology(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Loss of table structure on 7.3.19
Date: 2009-09-17 14:06:36
Lists: pgsql-admin
On 17 Sep 2009, at 14:57, Tom Lane wrote:

> The symptoms indicate pretty strongly that you forgot about vacuuming
> the system catalogs.  A plain "VACUUM" executed in every database, by
> a superuser, is sufficient for this.  Trying to be smart by vacuuming
> only what you think needs vacuumed is not sufficient.

By "in every database" do you mean we need to vacuum the template*
databases too?

[and I'm just thankful, that as major wake up calls go, this was only
painful as opposed to fatal or permanently debilitating!]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel(dot)Metheringham(at)InTechnology(dot)com ]