Funky template1 problem?

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Funky template1 problem?
Date: 2005-12-21 19:12:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a bunch of small dbs (levan, pictures, and a couple of others).

I have had these db's over many upgrades and I have just noticed that
template1 seems to be a bit munged...

testuser=> \c template1
You are now connected to database "template1".
template1=> \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+----------------+----------+-------
public | lo_shadow | table | levan
public | my_description | table | levan
public | person | table | levan
public | person_id_seq | sequence | levan
public | pics | table | levan
public | pics_ident_seq | sequence | levan
(6 rows)

This is the same as...
template1=> \c pictures
You are now connected to database "pictures".
pictures=> \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+----------------+----------+-------
public | lo_shadow | table | levan
public | my_description | table | levan
public | person | table | levan
public | person_id_seq | sequence | levan
public | pics | table | levan
public | pics_ident_seq | sequence | levan
(6 rows)

I found this out when I tried to create a new user
testuser for testing a totally none privileged user.
When I recreate the testuser db using template1
I found the tables from the picture db were in
the newly created db.

Is it safe to simple drop the db's from the template1
db? ( I have no idea of how the tables became part
of template1.)

Jerry