Problem with pgtcl on HP

From: Michael Brusser <michael(at)synchronicity(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with pgtcl on HP
Date: 2004-01-30 00:39:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Just want to share in case you want to make a change
in the code, or perhaps tell us that we didn't do the right thing.

At some point we needed to add -DTCL_THREADS and -D_REENTRANT
to the makefiles and then we ran into a problem with pgtcl library.

This seems to be HP specific (HP-11) and happened on 7.3.2 and 7.3.4
Depening on the environment attempt to either load or unload
this library results in a core dump (signal 11)
We tracked problem to this line in pgtcl.c:
Changing this to
seems to be a good fix, so far we are not seeing any problems.

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Greg StarkDate: 2004-01-30 05:22:34