Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?

From: Oliver D(dot) <oliver(at)inadd(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?
Date: 2004-10-04 06:01:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I'm completely stuck with this issue. I just want to know if some Win32
developer has been able to
links statically against libpq (using libpq.lib). Even if I apparently
could compile the static lib, the program
that try to link against still asks for a .dll.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Oliver.

Le 1 oct. 04, à 23:16, Oliver D. a écrit :

> We are experiencing troubles trying to link -statically- against
> libpq.lib on Windows (VC++ 7).
>
> Our app works great when we link against libpq.dll but we can't get
> the same result
>  with libpq.lib. The app seems to continuously ask for a dll.
>
> We have compiled 7.4.X libpq on Win32 but still can't get a static
> link.
>
> Have some windows experienced developers already been able to link
> against
> libpq.lib with VC++ ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Oliver

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Brett SchwarzDate: 2004-10-04 06:22:35
Subject: Re: Array elements (urgent help needed)