Re: Adding a crucial element to an example

From: John Gage <jsmgage(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding a crucial element to an example
Date: 2010-07-24 14:26:11
Lists: pgsql-docs

After the CREATE statement I would simply put:

INSERT INTO emp VALUES ('Bill', 4200, 45, '(2,1)');

What that accomplishes is making it so the user can simply copy and
paste the entire section and run it in pg_admin. Then, the user can
start fiddling with it as he wants to.

I know this sounds terribly simple, but simplicity is good,
particularly when you're climbing a steep learning curve. And there
is certainly, unequivocally, no harm in simplicity.

Thanks,

John