Re: Calling xlst_process with certain arguments causes server crash

From: <pgagarinov(at)alliedtesting(dot)com>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Calling xlst_process with certain arguments causes server crash
Date: 2012-06-05 12:07:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Tom,

Here is another example that causes a crash, probably for the same reason but better be safe than sorry:

select xslt_process('<root xml_tb_version="2.0" type="struct" >
<ttm type="int32" >60</ttm>
<delta type="double" >0.75</delta>
<ttm2 type="int32" >30</ttm2>
<delta2 type="double" >0.75</delta2>
<expMonthNum type="int32" >1</expMonthNum>
<assetComb type="cell" >
<item type="char" >calendar spread</item>
</assetComb>
</root>',
'<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="root">
<xsl:for-each select="*">
<xsl:if test="item">
<elem type="{(at)type}" name="{global-name()}">
<xsl:value-of select="./item"/>
</elem>
<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
</xsl:if>
<xsl:if test="not(item)">
<elem type="{(at)type}" name="{name()}">
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</elem>
<xsl:text>&#10;</xsl:text>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>','')

A correct error report for this case would be something like "function global-name is unknown" (I've just replaced a correct "name" function with "global-name") but of course "failed to apply stylesheet" is still better than a crash :)

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Gagarinov | Head of Modelling and Analytics

Allied Testing