adodb - absolutepage

From: Bjørn Ivar Katla <katla(at)bitmaker(dot)no>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: adodb - absolutepage
Date: 2010-10-27 19:58:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I am implementing PostgreSQL as a replacement for a ms sql server web application and are using pgsqlodbc (8.4.2) on my windows IIS/.ASP against my 8.4 postgreSQL database on an ubuntu server.

Part of this applications is to enable users to search data and only have 20 records displayed on each page. This is done by use of the .absolutepage property of ADODB.Recordset object. I set pagesize and when I open the recordset - the rs.absolutepage is -1

Here is the parameters I set when opening the recordset.

rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.PageSize = 20
rs.Open sql, sconn,1,3

I am using the OCBD driver right out of the box without any special options.

Are there options to make this work or is this not implemented in the driver?

And since I am uncertain about this: Should I use the 9.x driver when the database is 8.4?

Brgds

Bjørn Ivar Katla
Bitmaker as
Fabrikkgaten 3