Wildcard queries?

From: James Hall <James(dot)Hall(at)RadioShack(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wildcard queries?
Date: 2001-08-15 17:29:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I am trying to do a wildcard search on a table, for example:

I have a table - info - that has a text field - business_name.
One value in that field is Demo Inc.

My question is can I execute a query that would search that field for demo*?
Something to the effect of "SELECT * FROM info WHERE business_name LIKE
'demo*';
and return Demo Inc.?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and for going easy on a newbie. ; )

Jim Hall