Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 23:10:23
Lists: pgsql-www
Too many cooks, not wanting to step on toes, not knowing if we had a
place to store the master repository, not bringing it up because I've
been too busy with work and other projects and us not having general
sys admin discussions about pgFoundry.

Gavin

On Jan 16, 2006, at 3:04 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>

>> On Jan 16, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, I can and do use FreeBSD. I prefer Linux.
>>
>> Same here
>>
>>> If the system is correctly documented and occasionally tested
>>> we should be able to do this.
>>
>> What I'd like to see is a master svn repository for gforge code
>> that we use. that plus database backups would make for easy
>> restore or failover if we have issues.  To not use source control
>> on our changes to the gforge code seems a bit silly.  Of course
>> this should be isolated on a different machine than the gforge
>> machine.
>
> 'k, so what has stop'd you from setting it up?
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://
> www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
> 7615664

Gavin M. Roy
800 Pound Gorilla
gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net