Re: PostgreSQL on Windows

From: "Leeuw van der, Tim" <tim(dot)leeuwvander(at)nl(dot)unisys(dot)com>
To: "Hirchert, Dale L" <Dale(dot)Hirchert-1(at)ksc(dot)nasa(dot)gov>,<pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on Windows
Date: 2004-03-19 15:11:11
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

What you want is indeed the Cygwin environment - www.cygwin.com. Install Cygwin, and select Postgres from the setup program. Follow the instructions and readmes provided for setting it up on windows.

For more help, come back to this ML ;-)

regards,

--Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-cygwin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgsql-cygwin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org]On Behalf Of Hirchert, Dale L
Sent: dinsdag 16 maart 2004 20:45
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [CYGWIN] PostgreSQL on Windows

I'm looking for some general information regarding PostgreSQL for Windows.

Currently I support a development community that has configured Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL on a Solaris (Sparc) platform. There is a requirement to create this same configuration (Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL) on a Windows 2000/2003 platform. I have searched the PostgreSQL website and found some documentation regarding Windows installations, but I'm not sure if I understand all that I need to.

Is there PostgreSQL server software available for Windows 2000/2003? Some of what I find seems to point to Windows-related client software, not server software. I did find a web page that was a README file for the Cygwin distribution, but many of the installation steps reference the Unix environment. Basically I'm looking for a way to implement a PostgreSQL database on a Windows platform. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Dale

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Mark LubrattDate: 2004-03-19 15:42:58