Can't reinstall b/c don't know the very long installation password

From: "LaRue, Patricia" <Patricia(dot)LaRue(at)avocent(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't reinstall b/c don't know the very long installation password
Date: 2008-05-16 14:41:43
Lists: pgsql-admin
Experts:

I installed PostgreSQL and created the initial "very long" password and
wrote it down.  Someone else did something to change it and now neither
one of us can log into the DB.  So I tried to uninstall and reinstall
but my "very long" password is not recognized and without it I cannot
complete the installation.  I even tried removing all PostgreSQL stuff
from the registry.  Does anyone know how I can blow away wherever that
password is located and start fresh?

Thank you,

Patricia

Patricia D. LaRue

Sr. Software Engineer, Avocent Corporation

(256) 864-2275 ext. 6543

patricia(dot)larue(at)avocent(dot)com

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Mark StebenDate: 2008-05-16 15:35:03