DB Engineer with OO development background in San Francisco, CA

From: "Peter Carrubba" <Peter(dot)Carrubba(at)admios(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DB Engineer with OO development background in San Francisco, CA
Date: 2007-09-04 20:27:56
Lists: pgsql-jobs

What are we looking for?

We need a PostgreSQL database developer to work on extending our existing warehouses and various applications into more scalable platforms.  You will collaborate with our software architects to develop solutions for both our transactional applications and reporting suites. For the former you'll need to be familiar with producing clean designs that can easily be communicated with the development team. For the latter you'll need experience optimizing large data sets so that our reports are both correct and timely. You are familiar with or are interested in working in an iterative Agile driven environment.

Necessary Background:
o Hands on experience with complex, large database design with PostgreSQL
o Experience with modeling for ORM driven applications, preference to Hibernate/nHibernate
o Experience with N tiered systems
o Ability and avid interest in learning new skills and technologies

Background given extra consideration
o Experience with large data warehouses
o Experience in Financial Services arena
o Development experience with .Net or J2EE
o Any OO oriented programming
o Ability and interest in communicating, not the silent sit in the corner type
o Team management experience

Technologies you have interest in, or have worked with (better)
* PostgreSQL, C#, Hibernate/nHibernate, Flex, Ruby on Rails

On a personal level you are naturally inquisitive and want to know how things work.  You are flexible when it comes to an evolving office and want to contribute to a team that values airing every member's opinion, regardless of whether or not things swing your way. While confident in your identity you are at a minimum tolerant of a myriad of lifestyles, attitudes, and differences on social issues. Optimally you enjoy San Francisco's diversity, free thinking people, and the opportunity to engage a variety of differing opinions.

Why Admios?
We have innovative projects underway using Ruby on Rails, AJAX, Macromedia Flex, .Net, and Java.  We develop in an Agile model exposing you to customer challenges rather than building apps in a vacuum. We offer an immersion in challenging technologies in increasing demand. Build your resume with skills and challenges that are  growing in the marketplace.

We aren't a start-up whose technology will never actually launch, nor are we a sluggish corporate environment whose name sounds great but where you'll be pigeon-holed in a business unit.  We build software that gets used, with tight release cycles, and direct user feedback.  The stuff you build today will be in use in under a month.  Moreover the tools we build are used to manage billions of dollars.  These tools matter, perhaps even more than the next networking nerd connector.  Don't get us wrong ..... we like nerds.

About Admios
Admios was founded in 2005 by two veterans of the San Francisco software development community, Peter Carrubba and Kelly Ross. Their team is comprised of Computer Science and Design graduates with backgrounds in start-up companies as well as commercial object oriented programming portfolios. They have a strong belief and assets in Agile development, and a mantra that a strong company only comes with the right people. Admios is financially strong, and doesn't require any "next series" of financing to remain that way.

To apply

Write an email and a brief explanation of what attracted you to our posting, why you are appropriate, and attach a resume

www.Admios.com

Peter Carrubba
Admios
880 Harrison St. Suite 201