Re: ODBC doesn't gets schemas

From: Richard Wesley <hawkfish(dot)tableau(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC doesn't gets schemas
Date: 2007-06-18 17:34:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Jun 18, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> I am not sure I completely understand your problem,  but my
> experiece is that schema name are
> recognized by the ODBC driver.  However, in my case I use MS
> Access, when I use ODBC to link table
> from the PostgreSQL server the resolved schema.table names in
> Access are "schema_table".

We use the OLE DB wrapper for ODBC to talk to the driver and it
appears to return both schema and table names.  It doesn't set some
of the flags (e.g. system tables) but there must be some way to get
multi-part names back.  MS SQL Server has hierarchical names and it
presumably works with Access...
Richard Wesley          Senior Software Developer            Tableau
Software
Visit: http://www.trytableau.com/now.html