Re: Bricolage: Impressive

From: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bricolage: Impressive
Date: 2004-01-19 18:25:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Jan 18, 2004, at 10:51 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> David, could you comment to Robert's questions below?
>
> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>
>> stumbling block for techdocs. One thing that we do need is the
>> ablility
>> for users comments on articles, is there any provision for that?
>> Another thing that could come up would be user articles submitted in
>> pdf
>> form (I just added one yesterday), is there a provision for that?

No. Bricolage is entirely a back=end application. For users to comment
on articles, you'd have to do one of two things: Either implement
something for it on the front-end server (I'm sure there are plenty of
simple OSS solutions for this), or create some sort of gateway script
that takes a submitted comment and submits it to the Bricolage SOAP
server to be added to a document, and then triggering the republish of
that document.

For performance reasons, I recommend the former.

HTH,

David