jdbc and unix signals

From: Nikk Anderson <Nikk(dot)Anderson(at)parallel(dot)ltd(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: jdbc and unix signals
Date: 2001-07-11 13:11:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I am using the postgres jdbc which was compiled on Solaris as part of the
postgres 7.1 installation.

I have a program which runs as a deamon, and connects to postgres for data.
As it is running as a deamon, we have included some signal handling
routines.  We are trying to trap HUP (kill -1)  signals, so that the process
will not exit when that signal is sent.
If the program uses the jdbc driver, then the program can not catch the HUP
signal - however, if we do NOT use the jdbc at all, then we can trap the
signal and deal with it as we wish.
Does the postgres driver catch the signals, thus overiding my attempts to
catch them?

Any ideas

Thanks

Nikk Anderson