Re: Connecting R to PostgreSQL

From: Steven O'Toole <lists(at)o2l(dot)com>
To: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting R to PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-09-14 23:36:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Saturday, September 14, 2002, at 07:29 AM, Adam Witney wrote:

> dlcompat: dyld: /sw/lib/R/bin/R.bin Undefined symbols:
> _ERR_get_error
> _ERR_reason_error_string
> _SSL_CTX_new

I don't know if this is helpful to you since I am a novice and don't
know R. But I am connecting to libpq on OSX and ran into similar
errors. I solved them (assuming you're using ProjectBuilder in 10.2)
in the Target/Linker Settings area. Under the field titled Other Mach
-O Linker Flags I entered:

-lcrypto -lssl

I still get a warning about a duplicate definition of _crypto that I
haven't figured out. But the interface to PostgreSQL works great.