Re: JDBC driver class

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Jake Aderholdt *EXTERN*" <icedcold(at)googlemail(dot)com>,<pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: JDBC driver class
Date: 2008-01-04 08:30:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Jake Aderholdt wrote:
> For Macs this requires the JDBC driver. I have downloaded the driver:
> postgresql-8.2-507.jdbc3, added it to NeoOffice via preferences, java,
> classpath, "add archive".
> I then restarted NeoOffice, chose  "Connect to existing database", and
> chose JDBC. The next dialog box asks me for the "Datasource URL" and
> the "JDBC driver class".
> My problem is that I do not know what either the "Datasource URL" or
> the "JDBC driver class" is. How can I get this information and
> consequently input the correct data to text box?

The documentation can be found at
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/index.html

In Chapter 3 (Loading the Driver) you will find that the JDBC driver class is

org.postgresql.Driver

In Chapter 3 (Connecting to the Database) you will find a description
of the JDBC URL and the various connection parameters.

Yours URL will probably look like

jdbc:postgresql://dbserver.company.com:5432/databasename

Yours,
Laurenz Albe