Re: terminating autovacuum process due to administrator command

From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Radovan Jablonovsky *EXTERN*" <radovan(dot)jablonovsky(at)replicon(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: terminating autovacuum process due to administrator command
Date: 2012-06-28 08:05:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC
> is used this calculation of SEMMNI.
> SEMMNI Maximum number of semaphore identifiers (i.e., sets)
at least ceil((max_connections +
> autovacuum_max_workers + 4) / 16)
>

> In this document
http://deepakmurthy.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/configure-a-box-for-kernel-
and-postgres-
> configuration/ is used different calculation of SEMMNI.
> SEMMNI = ((2 * max connections) * logical partitions on the server +
number of local applications (max
> app server connections) )
> Does it make sense? And if yes why?

I don't know what a "logical partition" in Linux or PostgreSQL should be
(they can hardly be talking about disk partitions), so it does not make
sense to me.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe