Special characters in psql

From: Guðmundur Erlingsson <txakolin(at)bok(dot)hi(dot)is>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Special characters in psql
Date: 2001-08-17 09:31:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Psql or PostgreSQL in general. I put
up a database and loaded it with textual data. That part went fine. However,
when I do a query, all the special characters (f.ex. 'á', 'ð' and 'þ') don't
show up. I can't find any configuration parameters that deal directly with
this. Any clues?

regards,

Guðmundur