Lingering Checkpoint Process

From: "Cory Vokey" <cvokey(at)rim(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Lingering Checkpoint Process
Date: 2005-02-23 16:28:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all, I'm seeing a checkpoint process lingering around for ~ 24hrs on
one of my test systems and WAL logs are accumulating. It's running
postgres 7.4.6.

Research up to date indicates faulty memory or disks.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Previously, I had to re-init the DB
for this to go away, but this is obviously not the permanent solution.

Tks.

--

Cory Vokey

BIS Database Engineering